Guide to PHP and MySQL (University at Buffalo Version)
Chapter 16: Putting it all Together
What Makes a PHP Web Site
Task - Create a PHP Web Site
For this task you will create a well-designed electronic system web site demonstrating your understanding of good design principles and appropriate PHP and MySQL usage. You may choose the type of system (retail, business-to-business, non-profit fund raising, auction, classified ads, etc.).
- This site should contain (at a minimum):
- a home page (about this site),
- a login page (reguires a back-end registraton system) with:
- a register page
- a forgot password page
- a database-driven table page (inventory or classified offerings for example),
- back-end catalog and user maintenance systems accessible only by a user designated as an 'admin',
- a page displaying an order form along with an appropriate "success/thanks" page,
- a back-end set of tables to store shopping cart and orders information,
- a "Welcome Back" page that displays a user's orders and shopping cart (if one exists) after the user logs in,
- a final "Contact Us" form page.
- Use well-designed navigation so that the user can get to any page from any other page in this site. You may want to create a separate nav.php file and use the
php_include_onceto use the same navigation throughout the site.
You will modify the PHP function for this item in your index.php page to add a link to your web site files that allows me to view your work.
You *MUST* use the W3C Unicorn Validator to validate your HTML5/CSS3 code.